Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Relocation

My sister called me and asked my opinion on her relocating to California. I instantly responded with a no. My quick response bothered me later on because I wasn't sure if I should have given her that quick response. It wasn't only a quick response but also a negative response. I think I could have been a little more supportive. Did I respond in that way because of my own selfish reasons of not wanting her to be that distant from me? Is it because I just don't think its a good idea? Well, I have concluded that its for both those reasons. She already lives in New Jersey which is far enough because I don't see her often. She does not have any relatives that live in California. I also don't think it's a good idea because she will be making this move all alone and will not have anyone there for support.

I know this move is for a possible increase in her income, but it may not be worth it. I did explain to her that it will be too far from everyone and she might just come right back. Sometimes we speak before think and don't think twice about the other person's feelings. I wish I gave her the same answer but in a different way. If she asked for anyone advise aside from me and received the same feedback I might feel relieved, but I am deeply regretful. I tend to always speak my mind but my intentions is not to hurt anyone's feelings.

During conversations I usually listen attentively because I expect the other person to do the same. I just don't think I even listened this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home